Friday, September 21, 2007

In My Hands

Well, my baby arrived yesterday--the book, that is, delivered by the friendly storks at Fed Ex. I know you're not supposed to show favoritism among your children, but this one is truly special. It's the product of much time and love, like the others, but it best captures the real heart of my whole approach to narrative and ministry. It makes explicit what I imply in all my other books; it lays out my dream and passion. After years of playing one card at a time, I've finally shown my entire hand.

Not to mention, the design is beautiful. The team at the Upper Room did a fantastic job; the book feels right to hold in one's hands. There's something miraculous about that. We know when a book looks and feels wrong; but can we really identify what makes the thing work when it works? This works. It's a gem.

I'm not sure when it will be available to the public, but I wouldn't be suprised if pre-orders will be shipped in the next week or so. So if you've been waiting, dive in! It'll be fun finally sharing the dream with all of you.

1 comment:

Bibliomike said...

Congratulations! I will look forward to seeing it! -- Mike Poteet