Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas stories

Participants of my recent seminars on The God-Hungry Imagination were wondering what other books/stories I recommend in addition to those by C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien. The list is huge, so I'll begin slowly (also you can view some of them on my website here). For starters, here are some Christmas tales written & illustrated by Native American storyteller Ray Buckley that you'll want to keep on your shelves:

The Give-Away (Abingdon Press, 1999)

Christmas Moccasins (Abingdon Press, 2003)

Beautiful, enchanting, grace-filled for the God-hungry...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sarah -- What a great idea, to share your reading list! Some commentary from you on each title might be nice, too. (In all your spare time, I'm sure!)

By the way, is the "Tom Arthur" blogging about new pastor issues *your* Tom Arthur?

Peace -- Mike

Sarah Arthur said...

I know, I need to add commentary--I had tried for 20 minutes to add images first and just gave up. But I'll try to add more later!

Yes, the new-pastor-blogger is indeed my husband Tom. How did you hear about the blog?